Can I download percentage changes instead of raw data, using the Excel Add-In?
Note that each data feed on Nasdaq Data Link is delivered through one of the following Nasdaq Data Link APIs:
- Streaming API for real-time data
- REST API for real-time or delayed data
- REST API for time-series
- REST API for tables
You can learn more about these APIs and data formats here.
The Excel add-in may only be used with data delivered through the REST API for time-series or tables.
However, when downloading data that is in tables format, it is not possible to download percentage changes. For tables, we recommend downloading the raw data and carrying out the required transformation using your own analytics tool.
Using the QSERIES formula
Note that the structure of the QSERIES formula is as follows, with transformation as the fifth argument:
=QSERIES(quandlCode, dateRange, frequency, sortOrder, transformation, limit, headers, dates, transpose)
To return percentage changes, put "rdiff" in the transformation argument, like this:
Using the Nasdaq Data Link Formula Builder
To return percentage changes by using the Nasdaq Data Link Formula Builder, please follow these steps:
- Open Excel
- Go to the Nasdaq Data Link tab and click Get Data
- Search for the time-series data feed you want or enter the database code for the data feed you want. For example, enter XNAS for the NASDAQ Stock Market Prices, like this:
- Click Next and follow the prompts. When you reach the Filters stage and can filter by Transformation, select Row-on-row % change (rdiff) from the drop down, like this:
- Enter any other desired filters and click Next. Follow the prompts download the data.