What kind of data does Nasdaq Data Link have? How do I search for data?
This article provides an overview of the following:
- How to search for data
- Free vs. premium data
- Alternative data
- The format of the data feeds on Nasdaq Data Link: time-series and tables, custom APIs
How to search for data
Nasdaq Data Link delivers financial, economic data. To see these data feeds, please go to our Search page. Our unique search page was designed with financial data in mind. To see it in action, try the following:
- Type WMT in the Search bar
- View the resulting feeds on Nasdaq Data Link that include Walmart (WMT) as part of their coverage
- Now try the same thing with search terms like “gold,” “bitcoin,” or “China”
- Refine by asset class, data type, or geography using the filters on the left
On that note, here are some of our most popular data feeds:
If you are looking for any specific kind of data and are having trouble finding it on our website, please email us and tell us specifically what you're looking for. We'll do our best to help you find what you need.
Free vs. premium data
Nasdaq Data Link offers both free and premium data feeds. We explain the differences between free and premium data here.
Nasdaq Data Link also provides alternative data to institutions. To learn more about our alternative data, please visit: https://data.nasdaq.com/alternative-data. Please note that we do not license alternative data to individuals.
The format of the data feeds on Nasdaq Data Link
Note that each data feed on Nasdaq Data Link is delivered through one of the following Nasdaq Data Link APIs:
- Streaming API for real-time data
- REST API for real-time or delayed data
- REST API for time-series
- REST API for tables
You can learn more about these APIs, data formats here.